Children with Medical Handicaps
Lorain County Public Health participates in the Children with Medical Handicaps (CMH) program. LCPH nurses help parents and guardians of children withhealth care needs get family-centered, community-based services. The Ohio Department of Health leads this tax-supported program.
Call Lorain County Public Health at 440-322-6367 for more information. Ask your doctor for a CMH application.
- Children under 21
- U.S. citizens
- Ohio residents
- Children with suspected medical handicaps
- Families who meet financial eligibility requirements
Services may include:
- Early identification/referral of a child with a medical concern
- Biopsies, X-rays, laboratory tests, special tests
- Referrals, consults and office visits to CMH-approved physicians
- Connection to public health nurse services
- Up to 5 days in a hospital
- Psychological evaluation for children under 6
Click here for a printable fact sheet on CMH.