Children with Medical Handicaps
We are taking steps to ensure the safety and well-being of Lorain County residents and staff. We will continue to meet the needs of our clients.
Lorain County Public Health participates in the Children with Medical Handicaps (CMH) program. LCPH nurses help parents and guardians of children with health care needs get family-centered, community-based services. The Ohio Department of Health leads this tax-supported program.
Call Lorain County Public Health at 440-322-6367 for more information. Ask your doctor for a CMH application.
- Children under 21
- U.S. citizens
- Ohio residents
- Children with suspected medical handicaps
- Families who meet financial eligibility requirements
Services may include:
- Early identification/referral of a child with a medical concern
- Biopsies, X-rays, laboratory tests, special tests
- Referrals, consults and office visits to CMH-approved physicians
- Connection to public health nurse services
- Up to 5 days in a hospital
- Psychological evaluation for children under 6
Click here for a printable Fact Sheet on CMH
Click here for PHN Consultative Services Form (O-3 years of age)