Local libraries now carry automatic blood pressure cuffs in addition to books and DVDs. Borrow a blood pressure cuff from one of many library branches across Lorain County in the same way you check out books and other materials.
“Taking your blood pressure and keeping track of your numbers helps you monitor your health,” said David Covell, MPH, RS, health commissioner at Lorain County Public Health. “If you notice that your blood pressure is usually high, make sure to show your numbers to your health care provider to help prevent or manage high blood pressure.”
Libraries that carry blood pressure cuffs include:
• Avon Branch Library: 37485 Harvest Drive, Avon
• Columbia Branch Library: 13824 W. River Road North, Columbia Station
• Domonkas Branch Library: 4125 E. Lake Road, Sheffield Lake
• Elyria Central Branch Library: 320 Washington Ave., Elyria
• Elyria West River Branch Library: 1194 W. River Road North, Elyria
• Keystone-LaGrange Branch Library: 101 West St., LaGrange
• Lorain Main Library: 351 W. Sixth St., Lorain
• North Ridgeville Branch Library: 35700 Bainbridge Road, North Ridgeville
• South Lorain Branch Library: 2121 Homewood Drive, Lorain
Borrowing a blood pressure cuff has no cost. Library blood pressure kits include: a blood pressure cuff, tools to help you track your blood pressure numbers, easy instructions on the automatic blood pressure cuff, and local resources. Share your readings with your health care providers so they can help you manage your blood pressure and keep it in a healthy range.