Don't hibernate: Free walking locations and exercise classes across Lorain County
This winter, Lorain County Public Health continues their tradition of providing a list of free fitness options in Lorain County. These free fitness opportunities make it easier to move more, feel better, maintain a healthy weight, and connect socially. Try one of these activities or pick another at UnitedWeSweat.org. No membership or commitment required.
Walk indoors at these locations:
- Keystone Elementary School, 531 Opportunity Way, LaGrange on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Nov. 30 - April 28 when school is open)
- LCCC University Partnership Ridge Campus, 32121 Lorain Road, North Ridgeville on Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Oct. 28 - March 31)
- Liberty School, 5700 Jaycox Road, North Ridgeville on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Jan. 4 - March 24 when school is open)
- Lorain County Metro Parks Splash Zone, 95 W. Hamilton St., Oberlin on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. (year-round)
- Mercy Health Amherst HealthPlex, 47160 Hollstein Drive, Amherst on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. (year-round)
- Midview Middle School, 12865 Grafton Road, Grafton on school days, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. (now through spring when school is open)
If you prefer to walk outdoors, check out these parks. Each location committed to clearing walking paths during snowy weather:
- Penfield Recreational Park, 40756 State Route 18 in Wellington
- Shady Drive Complex, 37077 Shady Drive in North Ridgeville
- South Central Park, 7565 Avon Belden Road in North Ridgeville
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) still recommends wearing a mask in an indoor public place (if unvaccinated and/or in an area with high numbers of COVID-19 cases).