16 locations to pick up a COVID-19 test kit
Lorain County, Ohio – Lorain County Public Health (LCPH), Lorain County Urban League, El Centro de Servicios Sociales, Inc., and select Lorain County libraries partner to distribute at-home COVID-19 test kits. The at-home antigen test kit is a helpful screening tool for people who are currently sick with mild or moderate COVID-19 symptoms, or for asymptomatic people with a recent COVID-19 exposure. BinaxNow COVID-19 rapid antigen test kits are free and available to pickup at 16 locations:
- Amherst Public Library, 221 Spring St. in Amherst, 440-988-4320
- Avon Branch, 37485 Harvest Dr in Avon, 440-934-4743
- Columbia Branch, 13824 West River Rd North in Columbia Station, 440-236-8751
- Domonkas Branch, 4125 East Lake Rd in Sheffield Lake, 440-949-7410
- El Centro de Servicios Sociales, Inc., 2800 Pearl Ave in Lorain, 440-277-8235
- Elyria Branch Central after 10/4/21, 211 Second S. in Elyria, 440-323-5747
- Grafton-Midview Branch, 983 Main St in Grafton, 440-926-3317
- Herrick Memorial Library, 101 Willard Memorial Square in Wellington, 440-647-2120
- Keystone-LaGrange Branch after 10/4/21, 133 E. Commerce Dr in LaGrange, 440-322-0119
- Lorain County Urban League, 200 Middle Ave Suite 200 in Elyria, 440-323-3364
- Lorain Main Library, 351 West Sixth St in Lorain, 440-244-1192
- North Ridgeville Branch, 35700 Bainbridge Rd in North Ridgeville, 440-327-8326
- Oberlin Public Library, 65 South Main St in Oberlin, 440-775-4790
- South Lorain Branch, 2121 Homewood Dr in Lorain, 440-277-5672
- South Elyria Branch after 10/4/21, 340 15th St in Elyria, 440-322-0190
- West River Branch after 10/4/21, 1194 West River Rd North in Elyria, 440-324-2270
“Antigen test kits are best used as screening tools,” says Dave Covell, MPH, RS, health commissioner at LCPH. “It is recommended that you ask a healthcare provider for a confirmatory PCR test if you get a positive home test kit result.”
To get a kit, visit a location near you. Supply may be limited.
In order to use these test kits, you must:
- Have mild or moderate COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days;
- Live or work in Lorain County;
- Have access to the internet;
- Have either a smartphone or tablet with a camera or a computer with a webcam; and
- If under the age of eighteen, you must have an adult administer the test.
If results of the at-home antigen test are positive, LCPH encourages those people to:
- Schedule a PCR test to confirm your results.
- Stay home, and isolate yourself from household members.
- Wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep 6 feet away from people.
For local, up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit LorainCountyHealth.com/coronavirus. For more information on how we make your health & safety our priorities, contact Lorain County Public Health at 440-322-6367 or visit LorainCountyHealth.com. Follow your local health department on Twitter @LorainCoHealth, Facebook, or YouTube.