Lorain County COVID-19 data
Last updated December 1, 2020. Data will be updated Monday through Friday at 2 p.m.
7,393 confirmed cases
463 probable cases*
7,865 total cases
Age range: 3 months-103 years
*Probable case definition
- A person who has symptoms of COVID-19 and a known exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19 by PCR test. For example: A close contact of a positive case who has been in quarantine and developed symptoms.
- A person who has a positive antigen test and also has either symptoms of COVID-19 or is a close contact with a confirmed case by PCR test.
View additional Lorain County COVID-19 death data
Lorain County COVID-19 deaths:
- Age range
- 30-39: 1
- 50-59: 5
- 60-69: 12
- 70-79: 24
- 80+: 47
7,294 total contacts quarantined **
4,611 released from quarantine **
1,986 actively being monitored **
2,769 recovered cases **
** As of 11/17/20: Due to a high volume of cases, these data points will not be updated until the caseload decreases.
View in-depth data by week for Lorain County.
- Find COVID-19 testing locations near you.
- If you have received a positive Antigen test, consider these next steps:
- Antigen testing is rapid, but results should be confirmed with a PCR test.
- Schedule a PCR Test to confirm your results.
- While waiting for your PCR test and test results, stay home and isolate yourself from household members.
- Continue to wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep 6 ft away from people.
Lorain County's current COVID-19 risk level is 4 (Purple).
Stay home as much as possible.
Current Ohio Department of Health orders:
- Masks are mandatory across the state. Everyone in Ohio ages 10+ must wear masks:
- At any indoor location (not including private homes)
- Outdoors when you can't keep 6 feet away from others
- When sharing a vehicle with people outside your household
- Masks are not required for those:
- Under 10 years old
- With a medical condition or a disability
- Communicating with someone with a disability
- Actively exercising or playing sports
- Officiating a religious services
- Actively involved in public safety
- Actively eating or drinking
Ways to take action based on risk levels - English: PDF, PNG. Spanish: PDF, PNG.
Guidance to reopen
- Text, voice, and/or email emergency alerts.
- Choose to get alerts from all of Lorain County, or your own city, village , or township.
Face covering supplies
- To donate handmade cloth face coverings, fill out this form or call 440-322-6367.
- LCPH invites both businesses and citizens to complete the form.
Everyday life during a pandemic
Going to school
Some people have a higher risk to get very sick
- A person's risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases based on two main categories:
Manage anxiety and stress related to COVID-19
Get your questions answered
If you have questions about COVID-19 call:
Information from trusted sources: