Blood tests reveal clues
Posted on: April 17, 2017
This May, get your blood drawn by a public health nurse to learn how your cholesterol, sugar, and other health numbers are doing. Public health nurses from the Lorain County General Health District (LCGHD) will answer questions and provide information during blood draw sessions at community locations throughout Lorain County. All Lorain County adults ages 55 and older are invited.
“Having an annual blood draw is an important way to understand the health numbers that impact the way you feel and live life. We look forward to providing this service in May paired with a one-on-one review of results in June with a public health nurse,” said David Covell, RS, MPH, health commissioner at LCGHD.
How to participate:
- Call 440-567-4120 to make a reservation. See schedule below.
- Do not eat or drink anything except water for 12 hours before your reservation.
- Drink 2 cups of water right before the test.
- Bring cash or check: $27 for the blood test (CBC, CMP, lipids), plus $10 for a prostate test (men only).
Make a morning reservation at one of the following locations:
- May 1: Oberlin Neighborhood Alliance Senior Enrichment Services, 90 E. College St., Oberlin
- May 2: Sheffield Lake Community Center, 4575 E. Lake Rd., Sheffield Lake
- May 3: Sheffield Twp. Church of Christ, 5075 Toledo Rd., Lorain
- May 4: Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington
- May 5: Old Stone Church, 553 S. Main St., Amherst
- May 8: N. Eaton Christian Church, 35895 E. Royalton Rd., Grafton
- May 12: Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon
- May 15: Oberlin Neighborhood Alliance Senior Enrichment Services, 90 E. College St., Oberlin
- May 18: Wellington Fire Station #2, 202 Kelly St., Wellington
- May 19: Old Stone Church, 553 S. Main St., Amherst
- May 24: Sugar Ridge Baptist Church, 36600 Sugar Ridge Rd., N. Ridgeville
- May 26: Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Rd., Avon
For more information on Adult Health Services, contact the Lorain County General Health District at 440-322-6367.