Cases of influenza are extremely high here in Lorain County and throughout Ohio. Dave Covell, Health Commissioner of Lorain County Public Health urges all seniors to get a flu shot now.
Our immune system weakens as we age leaving us more susceptible to disease including the flu virus.
Protect yourself and your family, it isn’t hard.
1. Get a flu shot – it’s not too late. Call 440-284-3206 for information and an appointment.
2. Wash your hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based sanitizer if soap and water are not available when you are out. Then wash when you get home.
3. Stay home while you are sick and limit visitors.
4. Sleep well, eat healthy and drink plenty of fluids.
5. Cover your cough and sneeze with your sleeve.
Call your physician if you have symptoms of the flu such as fever, cough, sore throat, body aches and fatigue. Antiviral medication can lessen symptoms and speed recovery.