Iím vaccinated against COVID-19Ö now what?
People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna), or
- 2 weeks after a 1-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
If you do not meet one of these criteria, you are NOT fully protected. Keep taking all prevention steps until you are fully vaccinated.
If you have been fully vaccinated:
It’s considered safe to gather indoors with…
- Fully vaccinated people without masks.
- Unvaccinated people from 1 other household without masks (unless they or anyone they live with has an increased risk)
If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to quarantine unless you have symptoms.
Whether or not you’re fully vaccinated, you should still…
- Take steps to protect yourself and others - wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet away from others in public.
- Avoid medium or large-sized gatherings.
- Avoid travel. If you do travel, follow CDC guidance.
- Check yourself for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, get tested and stay home.
- Follow guidance at your workplace.
Get the COVID-19 vaccine: