Get your flu shot!
Get your flu shot each year in November for your best protection through the peak flu season in Northeast Ohio . Call 440-284-3206 to make an appointment for a flu shot in November. Or, visit one of our November community flu clinics:
Drive-thru flu shot clinics for adults ages 16 years and older:
- Monday, Nov. 2, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Oberlin Fire Department, 430 S Main St. in Oberlin
- Saturday, Nov. 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Elyria Fire Department Station No. 2, 330 E. Broad St. in Elyria
- Monday, Nov. 9, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Lorain Central Service Complex, 2132 West Park Drive, Lorain
Additional flu shot clinics for families with children ages 6 months through 15 years:
- Monday, Nov. 2, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Lorain County Fairgrounds, 23000 Fairgrounds Rd. in Wellington
- Saturday, Nov. 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lorain County Community College in the Ewing Activities Center, 1005 Abbe Rd. N. in Elyria
- Monday, Nov. 9, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Lorain High School, 2600 Ashland Ave, Lorain
Flu Registration Form
To help save time, please click on the form, fill it out completely, print, and bring it with you to the flu shot clinic.
Form must be printed, signed, and brought to clinic. For use in Lorain County Public Health flu shot clinics only. Clients under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What is the flu?
The flu is caused by a virus that passes easily from one person to another. When sick with the flu, people often feel some (or even all) of these flu symptoms.
- Fever or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea (This is more common in children than adults.)
The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones against flu is to get a flu shot every flu season.
Who should get a flu shot?
The CDC recommends a yearly flu shot for everyone 6 months and older, except in rare cases. The flu vaccine is the best way to reduce your chance of catching the flu and its possible serious effects.