Get your flu shot!
Get your flu shot each year in November for your best protection through the peak flu season in Northeast Ohio . Call 440-284-3206 to make an appointment for a flu shot in November. Or, visit one of our November community flu clinics:
- Lorain: Monday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
United Way of Greater Lorain County, 642 Broadway Ave.
- Avon Lake: Tuesday, Nov. 5, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Old Firehouse Community Center, 100 Avon Belden Road
- Wellington: Thursday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Lorain County Fairgrounds, 23000 Fairgrounds Road
- Amherst: Friday, Nov. 8, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Old Stone Evangelical Church, 553 S. Main St.
- New Russia: Saturday, Nov. 9, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The Lodge of New Russia Township, 46300 Butternut Ridge Road
- North Ridgeville: Tuesday, Nov. 12, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
North Ridgeville Senior Center, 7327 Avon Belden Road
- Columbia Station: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Columbia Township Fire Department, 25540 Royalton Road
- Avon: Thursday, Nov. 14, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Avon Senior Center, 36786 Detroit Road
- Elyria: Thursday, Nov. 14, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 300 Third St.
- Lorain: Tuesday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Lorain Community Senior Center, 3361 Garfield Blvd.
- LaGrange: Tuesday, Nov. 19, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
LaGrange United Methodist Church, 105 W. Main St.
Click here for a printable PDF of the above clinic locations.
Flu Registration Form
To help save time, please click on the form(s) you wish to complete, fill them out completely, print them, and bring them with you to the flu shot clinic.
Forms must be printed, signed, and brought to clinic. For use in Lorain County Public Health flu shot clinics only. Two forms per person (one administration form and one screening form) is required for vaccine. Clients under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What is the flu?
The flu is caused by a virus that passes easily from one person to another. When sick with the flu, people often feel some (or even all) of these flu symptoms.
- Fever or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea (This is more common in children than adults.)
The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones against flu is to get a flu shot every flu season.
Who should get a flu shot?
The CDC recommends a yearly flu shot for everyone 6 months and older, except in rare cases. The flu vaccine is the best way to reduce your chance of catching the flu and its possible serious effects.