Drinking and driving always comes with a cost - hefty fines, legal fees, missed work, death and grief for loved ones, car insurance rate increases, vehicle repair costs, and medical bills. These consequences are completely preventable.
- Ask a sober friend or family member to drive
- Order a ride using an app or call a taxi
- Be the designated driver - enjoy a zero proof drink
- See a drunk driver? Call 911 or #677
- Planning a party? Use one of the designated driver zero proof recipes to treat your DD to a special drink
Zero Proof Mix Off
Download Party Drinks for Designated Drivers from past Zero Proof Mix Off events:
The Zero Proof Mix Off is a non-alcoholic drink competition that annually draws hundreds of local residents for delicious drinks, live music, prizes, and more. Come and taste delicious non-alcoholic drinks mixed by local agencies and organizations, then take a recipe book home and mix your own zero proof drink. No cost to attend. This event provides a chance for each of us to be part of the conversation to increase awareness of sober driving. Behaviors and culture must shift in order to create safer roadways in Lorain County, and holiday parties are a great place to start. Interested in being a mixer at the Zero Proof Mix Off or getting involved? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-322-6367.
Serve or Sell Alcohol?
The Safe Communities Coalition can provide customized bathroom posters and menus at no cost. Use your own zero proof recipes or choose some from the Zero Proof Mix Off Designated Driver Recipe Books. Contact email@example.com or 440-322-6367.
Alcohol Server Knowledge (ASK training) is for liquor permit holders and their staff, servers and bartenders. After the training, participants receive a completion certificate from the Ohio Investigative Unit to enhance your resume, and get a toolkit of resources to equip your establishment.
At ASK training, you will learn to...
- safely serve alcohol
- check IDs & identify a fake ID
- identify signs and levels of intoxication
- reduce liability
- respond when someone is intoxicated in your establishment
- keep yourself safe from legal action, fines or jail time
- keep the public safe from intoxicated drivers on the road