Eight places to walk every week this summer for free
Posted on: June 4, 2018
Whether you want to take a stroll to keep your blood pressure in check or just enjoy the outdoors, check out these Lorain County locations to walk safely and at no cost this summer:
- Mondays, 5:30 p.m. at the Lorain County Metro Parks Splash Zone, 95 W. Hamilton St. in Oberlin*.
- Thursdays, 5 p.m. at Cleveland Clinic Lorain Family Health and Surgery Center, 5700 Cooper Foster Park Rd. in Lorain.
- Thursdays, 5:30 p.m. at Mercy Health and Recreation Center, 47160 Hollstein Dr. in Amherst*.
- All weekdays, 4 p.m. to dusk on the Midview Schools’ walking path, 12865 Grafton Rd. in Grafton.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 9 a.m. East Recreation Center, Elyria Parks and Recreation, 1101 Prospect St. in Elyria*.
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 a.m. at West Recreation Center, Elyria Parks and Recreation, 1200 Foster Ave. in Elyria*.
- Thursdays, 6 p.m. at South Central Park, 7565 Avon Belden Rd. in North Ridgeville.
- Saturdays, 7 p.m. on June 9, July 14, August 11 at South Amherst Community Park, 513 W. Main St. in South Amherst.
* Outdoor and indoor walking available at these locations.
No membership necessary to enjoy these summer walks. Find more no-cost fitness opportunities in Lorain County through United We Sweat. Visit LiveHealthyLorainCounty.com/UnitedWeSweat/activities.