City Fresh makes fruits and vegetables convenient
Get fresh, healthy food from City Fresh, a local service that lets you “subscribe” to receive fruits and vegetables every week. Go to CityFresh.org to order, then you can pick up affordable farm fresh produce at a location near you.
“Lorain County Public Health works with partners like City Fresh to help make it easier to eat healthy, especially in areas with limited access to grocery stores,” explains David Covell, RS, MPH, health commissioner at Lorain County Public Health. “Eating fruits and vegetables can help reduce the risk for developing chronic diseases—like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.”
Visit CityFresh.org to place your weekly order between June 12 and October 23. Choose to pick up your fruits and vegetables from one of the following Lorain County locations:
- Lorain Public Library Main Branch, Lorain: Tuesdays 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Cascade Horizon Education Center, Elyria: Wednesdays 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- El Centro de Servicios Sociales, Lorain: Wednesdays 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- LCCC College Center lunch area, Elyria: Wednesdays 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Lorain County Urban League, Elyria: Wednesdays 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Oberlin College Adam Joseph Lewis Center, Oberlin: Wednesdays 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Cleveland Clinic Lorain Family Health Center, Lorain: Thursdays 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Willard Memorial Square, Wellington: Mondays 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (June 24 through August 26 only)
Times and locations are subject to change between now and the start of the season. Order for the whole growing season or one week at a time; no commitment is necessary. Orders start as low as $10 per week, depending on income and family size. SNAP/EBT card, cash, check, and credit card are all accepted. Learn more at CityFresh.org or call 440-707-6606.
Lorain County “Fresh Stops” are available as a result of partnerships between City Fresh and Lorain County Public Health community collaboratives and coalitions.
For more information about healthy living, contact Lorain County Public Health at 440-322-6367 or visit LorainCountyHealth.com. Follow your local health department on Twitter @LorainCoHealth, Facebook, or YouTube.