Twelve places to join a free social walking group
Whether you want to take a stroll to keep your blood pressure in check or just enjoy the outdoors, check out these Lorain County locations with free social walking groups this summer:
- Mondays, 5:30 p.m. at Lorain County Metro Parks Splash Zone, 95 W. Hamilton St., Oberlin.*
- Mondays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Elyria Parks and Recreation South Center, 101 South Park Drive, Elyria.*
- Tuesdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at LaGrange Community Park, 422 West Main St., LaGrange.
- Tuesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lorain Community Senior Center, 3361 Garfield Blvd., Lorain.*
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Elyria Parks and Recreation East Recreation Center, 1101 Prospect St., Elyria.*
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Elyria Parks and Recreation West Recreation Center, 1200 Foster Ave., Elyria.*
- Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at South Amherst Community Park, 513 West Main St., South Amherst.*
- Thursdays, 5:30 p.m. at Mercy Health Amherst HealthPlex, 47160 Hollstein Drive, Amherst.*
- Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Penfield Recreational Park, 40756 State Route 18, Penfield.
- Thursdays, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at South Central Park, 7565 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville.
- Weekdays, 8 a.m. at Wellington Town Hall, 115 Willard Memorial Square, Wellington.*
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. at Columbia Branch Library, 13824 West River Road, Columbia.
*Both outdoor and indoor walking available at these locations. Find more free fitness opportunities in Lorain County year-round on United We Sweat.